Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Day and Truffles!

We had our Valentine's Day banquet at church last week and it was so much fun! I had 
the honor of helping with the planning of the event and got to do the decorating with the
help of my sweet friend Mindy. I also had lots of input from my friend Kim, she always 
knows that added touch that is needed! We had a yummy dinner and then had a ballroom 
dance instructor come teach everyone ballroom dancing. Let me tell you, that was the 
entertainment of the night! Kyle and I didn't participate, we helped with serving and cleanup 
(and I snapped lots of pics) but we were so entertained by watching!!! Everyone had so
much fun!




Unfortunately the pictures did not come out that well, the lighting was really low and I 
haven't figure out my new lens! :( The walls are also green in the auditorium of our church
which also doesn't help with lighting! The table runners are supposed to be red burlap, not 
orange.

Mindy and I got busy shopping at all of the thrift stores in town looking for glass jars and 
vases. I am pretty sure I found a new hobby, thrift shopping! :) It was so fun! I had to find 40 
jars and we did it! Then we filled the jars with lots and lots of candy!! I made a few trips back to 
the store for more candy, these jars are bigger than they look. I added ribbon and some cute 
labels that I downloaded from here.  Overall it was a great success and I enjoyed the 
challenge of working within a small budget and being creative! I don't always succeed 
at being creative, but I sure love to try!

At home we had fun making some oreo truffles for Ethan to take to his party at school.
These little things are de-lish!!! Oh my gosh!  I am definitely starting a diet this week! ;)

Hope you had a fabulous Valentine's Day!

Kim


0 comments:

Post a Comment